Lap Band Surgery in Michigan for patients not covered by health insurance typically costs between $12,000 and $25,000. The biggest factor affecting cost is your region and your surgeon.
If you are in a large metropolitan area, such as Detroit, costs trend towards the higher end. Although Oakwood Healthcare System offers a cash price of $15,000. Oakwood Healthcare has several locations throughout Michigan. Great Lakes Weight Loss of Michigan offers a price of $10,700.
Lap-Band surgery in Michigan is sometimes covered by health insurance depending on the insurance company and your policy. Some healthcare plans exclude any type of weight loss surgery regardless of the circumstances. Quite often in Managed care plans or HMO insurance.
What should be included in the cost of lap band surgery?
- Intitial consultation with the surgeon for screening and explanation of options, risks, and benefits of the surgery
- The fee should include hospital facility fees annd the anesthesiologist’s services
- Some doctors include membership in a support group
- Your routine follow up visits for up to a year after surgery
Additional Costs of Lap-Band
- After the first year follow up visits typically cost between $35 – $200 each
- Complications post-surgery can add to the overall cost. Minor complications can be several hundred dollars. While major complications that require hospitalization can can easily cost tens of thousands of dollars.
- Some patients require plastic surgery to remove extra skin after rapid weight loss
- Some patients require special vitamins and meals which can add up to hundreds of dollars
Are there discounts for Lap-Band surgery?
If you pay for the surgery out of pocket you may be eligible for tax breaks if the cost of the surgery is high enough in relation to your income. This is essentially a discount if you qualify, it could potentially increase your tax return. However for the surgery it is strictly dependent upon your Michigan surgeon.
Which hospitals provide Lap Band Surgery in Michigan?
Certanly there are more, but these are some of the more well known facilities that offer Lap Band Surgery
- Henry Ford Hospital – a center of excellence offering roux-en-y gastric surgeries, both open and laparoscopic, as well as laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding surgery
- Oakland Bariatirics – perform several surgical procedures for morbid obesity, including laparoscopic adjustable banding
- Port Huron Hospital – perform lap band adjustable gastric banding system, also known as lap band surgery
NOTE: Any company mentioned is not a solicitation for business. Nor is it a recommendation to use their services. We received no compensation.
Originally posted 2010-04-27 05:55:41. Republished by Blog Post Promoter