The holiday season is always filled with stress, typically because our schedules are on overload. It seems that every single day, especially the weekends, are filled to the brim with shopping, parties, food, lack of sleep.
Here are some random tips to help cut down on seasonal stress:
1) If you are entertaining guests in your home, your freezer is your best friend. Bake your cookies or dough ahead of time and freeze them for up to three months. Make sure that they are completely cooled before storing them between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container.
2) Do the same with meals such as lasanga and chili. These will easily freeze well for about a month and can take the pressure off when hunger strikes. Keep simple appetizers such as cheese and crackers on hand.
3) Maintain your regular sleep schedule as much as possible.
4) Park as far as you can from the mall enterance and walk an extra loop around the interior after you finish your shopping.
5) Just say no! To that extra party, another cocktail, another relative wanting to crash your already bursting house for the week, another piece of cheesecake.
6) Be in the moment. Really look around you and enjoy every moment that you are with family, friends, or co-workers, whether you like them or not. Be a bit kinder than necessary. It will make them, and you feel better.
Originally posted 2010-12-09 07:27:23. Republished by Blog Post Promoter